Old Lyme / Lyme, CT Street Map
The most accurate Old Lyme / Lyme town map available online.
Old Lyme is a community of some 8,000 permanent residents and an additional several thousand seasonal visitors who occupy a shoreline complex of summer residences. Located on the east bank of the mouth of the Connecticut River where it meets Long Island Sound, the town is marked by independence, volunteering, and a long-standing commitment to the arts. Fine examples of Colonial and Federal architecture line our main streets and winding country roads.
Old Lyme was set off from Saybrook, which is on the west bank of the river mouth, on February 13, 1665. Old Lyme occupies about 27 square miles of shoreline, tidal marsh, inland wetlands and forested hills. Our neighbor to the north is the Town of Lyme; to the east, East Lyme.
Visit town website: http://www.oldlyme-ct.gov
Lyme is a small, rural community of just over two thousand residents situated on the eastern bank of the Connecticut River in New London County. Our community is about thirty square miles in size with a very low population density. We are part of a two town regional school district which includes our partner to the south, Old Lyme.
Aside from our school system, Lyme provides just a limited amount of municipal services. There is a public library, a small town highway department to maintain our forty miles of local roads, a bulky waste landfill, a volunteer fire company, and a private, non-profit ambulance association which receives minimal public funding.
Visit town website: http://townlyme.org